Monday 27 October 2008

I C-A-N

Some tears in the eye due to those words. Ain't a big deal for the speaker, ain't a big deal for anyone in this world. It's only me who cares, it's only me whom it hurts.

'Cause what is chess?
A hobby.
What kind of career it is?
An imaginary.
What is to play the Olympiad?
An illegal act against the campus (number of acceptable absences overrun).
What is to miss a lesson?
A big mistake. No attendance -- no knowledge.

Now let me tell you my answers.

What is chess?
My life.
What kind of career it is?
A tough one that is often not sufficient for making a living and a complementary job is necessary. But I chose this life.
What is to play the Olympiad?
The dream that I was fighting for since childhood.
What is to miss a lesson?
A disadvantage for my studies that I have to live with -- for chess.

Everything is just the question of the point of view. We have different priorities: a thing that is so dear to one's heart may look ridiculous to the other. And vice versa.

For me chess holds an utmost importance. But not only chess. There are couple of other goals I'm aiming to reach. I'm interested in my studies and I want to finish university. Successfully. As an Olympic player. Why not?!

It's time to dry those tears and say: I can. I will. I know I will.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes. Because you are a player, not a piece. You can reach all your aims.

Anchuk said...

Thanks, Joe :)

roguepawn said...

Your life belongs to you, and to no one else. Sometimes you have to sacrifice to achieve your goals, but if it is truly what you want then maybe it is not a sacrifice after all. Think for yourself, make your own decisions, and stay positive (:

Take care!

Alex

elevennap said...

No bounderies. That's what you are. Fingers crossed!!

Anchuk said...

Thanks for all the kind (and supporting!) words, Alex and Vera!:)

Murcy said...

hey, and wtf about those who miss all the knuckle bumps, huh?;) keep it real, you rock!!!!

Anchuk said...

Bless Murcy! ;)

Anonymous said...

Who better to achieve such a laborious goal but an assiduous individuality like yourself?

Good luck for the rest of the Olympiad :)

Egy ismeretlen ismerős